Key Post: Dealing with Spam

Re: Dealing with Spam

Here is the answer I got from MicroMail:

Yes, the €87 is a once off cost for Outlook 2002, these licenses are perpetual. Microsoft got rid of upgrades through licensing last year and have introduced Software Assurance, this is like a maintenance charge that you pay when purchasing your license and then this covers you for upgrades for two years. I have included the price of the Outlook 2002 with Software Assurance cover for two years below. However if you buy the Outlook 2002 licenses now and are only using Outlook 2000, when you decide to change to Outlook 2002, you will have no extra charge, only to purchase a media set for €35.

Microsoft Outlook English Lic/SA Pack MOLP NL - €137+Vat@21%

Once you purchase the minimum quantity of 5 licenses to get you into the microsoft open licensing programme, you can purchase licenses singleythen over a two year period.

By the way, I have found Micromail to be very efficient in dealing with my questions.

Brendan

So what is it then - €35 or €87 or €137 per seat (?). As ever, clear as mud when it comes to Microsoft... :\

RE: Delaing with Spam

Why not scrap Microsoft altogether and install Linux. The price ranges from free to about a hundred euro or so.

Then you can install Spamassasin (free) and a package called Sanitizer (free).

You can get rid of spam and also strip attachments that might contain a virus.

Ed.

Re: RE: Delaing with Spam

Hi Clubman

It's €35 to buy the CD - this only has to be bought once.

It's €87 to buy each license once off

Or if I spend €137, I get maintenance and upgrades for two years.

Brendan

Found a interesting anti spam program- early days yet- but so far so good, and it is free. Takes a bit of time to setup- but stops all sorts of Ads- Popups etc.

www.secretmaker.com/

Back