Key Post: A CDWow for classical?

A

Ash

The CDWow sites are fantastic for chart and popular music on CD. Does anyone know of an equivalent for other types of music, especially classical?

Re: A CDWow for classical?

Also try www.cduniverse.com which is very good for classical and jazz and as mentioned above it is a good time to be buying CDs in US$ dollars.

play.com have it!

Thanks to everyone but special thanks to Irishpancancake.

Found the album I'm looking for at play.com, approx eur7 cheaper than I've seen it in HMV. I've placed my order and hope to have the CD in a couple of days.

Interesting to note that, if I'm reading it right, according to exchange rates provided by XE convertor, there's additional savings to be made by paying in BGpounds rather than Euro.

Thanks guys. Once again AAM triumphs!

always pay play in £ sterling!!!!

Interesting to note that, if I'm reading it right, according to exchange rates provided by XE convertor, there's additional savings to be made by paying in BGpounds rather than Euro.

yes, i should have mentioned that!!!

always cheaper to pay in sterling there :D

just watch out for CC FX charges :eek see Best Buys

btw, Play.com have a good books section, much cheaper than http://www.amazon.co.uk (Amazon) or [broken link removed]

FX charge

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of an FX charge. Stupid of me. When I bought in Hong Kong dollars on CDWow, I dont recall any (noticeable) FX charge. Have I been totally blind, I wonder?
Anyway, I guess it is too late to worry unduly now. My order has been made and I'm awaiting the dispatch. I'll know more later.

Nevertheless, thanks for directing me to play.com.

Re: FX charge

When I bought in Hong Kong dollars on CDWow, I dont recall any (noticeable) FX charge. Have I been totally blind, I wonder?
The FX charge is normally built-in to the rate that appears on your credit card statement.

Re: FX charge

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of an FX charge. Stupid of me.

no,no your ok.

just take an example, say this book :$ :$

it costs £11.99 which converts to €17.0839. [broken link removed]

add the cc fx (1.75%) €17.38.

Euro cost from Play.com is

EUR 19.49 Delivered

you're still saving €2.00 for this book.

Donald Trump.......good example, eh :smokin :smokin

Back