KBC rental, advice before meeting

I don't agree with this sentiment and find it overly simplistic and not representative of the unfortunate circumstances many people are now in due to economic downturn rather than greed.
Clara, I sympathise with the circumstances you find yourself in and I acknowledge that at face value it would appear that KBC should offer you some mitigation on payments as a sympathetic gesture. However, you must realize that the approach of any bank to this type of request is based on a business rather than personal scenario. The main criteria in assessing any request for a payment reduction is "affordability". This is based on net income against outgoings, with priority to be given to PDH and other secured debt and personal outgoings limited to the Guidelines as specified by ISI.
Kids savings are not an essential at this stage and you need to reassess these for the next couple of years. When you have a large burden of debt, savings need to be put on the back burner. The rainy day is now!!!

The whole time I was reading through this, I was wondering why you were only getting €1,200 per month in rent. The one item that is immediately within your control is increasing the rent to reflect current market rents. Think of how far an extra €300 per month will go, even when adjusted for tax.

I have thought about increasing rent but weighed it up against possibly having apartment empty for 4-6 weeks to freshen up and advertised and decided against it. I have model tenants that pay early and I never hear from them or have any issues. Lease renewed in Oct I will look at raising rent in Oct 2016.