KBC fixed rate ending should I switch?

Tuttlinghorn

An’thin shtturrin ??

KBC fixed rate ending next month and maybe being disorganised ( no switch plan yet) could pay off ?!

An’thin shtturrin ??

KBC fixed rate ending next month and maybe being disorganised ( no switch plan yet) could pay off ?!
This article on bonkers.ie from about three weeks ago is almost the only reference (outside of this forum) that I have seen to Avant paying €1,500 to switchers from KBC and Ulster Bank.

@Tuttlinghorn What is your LTV and outstanding mortgage balance? What is your BER?

This article on bonkers.ie from about three weeks ago is almost the only reference (outside of this forum) that I have seen to Avant paying €1,500 to switchers from KBC and Ulster Bank.

@Tuttlinghorn What is your LTV and outstanding mortgage balance? What is your BER?
Hi Paul:

LTV is under 50%
Balance 276 k
BER is B2
With KBC on a term of just over 8 yrs remaining
End of Feb will revert from 2.25 fixed to SVR with KBC of 3%
Have been paying just under 3k pm and had also overpaid 10%. I expect to be able to continue to do this.

Hi Paul:

LTV is under 50%
Balance 276 k
BER is B2
With KBC on a term of just over 8 yrs remaining
End of Feb will revert from 2.25 fixed to SVR with KBC of 3%
Have been paying just under 3k pm and had also overpaid 10%. I expect to be able to continue to do this.
Avant's 1.95% is certainly your best bet, especially if you can bag the €1,500 switcher incentive.

If you are too lazy, you could refix with KBC at 2.25% for another three years, but all told you'd be worse off by about €2k in three years' time – and then you'd probably want to switch away from BOI in any case.

Last edited:
Back