KBC cutting Regular Saver Rate

Ryan

I have €34k in the above account which KBC are drastically cutting the rate on. I'm not sure what to do so looking for some tips. I'm slightly reluctant to take massive risk as that money is potentially a deposit for a house looking 5 years or so down the line.
I also have another €10k in a booster bonus account with PTSB.

Given the relatively short timeframe and your risk appetite, the KBC Regular Saver is the best place for your funds. PTSB have really cut back their rates in the last few years so there is probably a better place for those funds.

If I was to take a greater appetite for risk is there more options? I'm 28 now so I think buying a house in 5 years approx is a reasonable target

Savings Certs from Ireland State Savings will give you 5% for 5 years (AER .98%) with capital guaranteed. You can access your money at any time, however reduced interest rates apply for early encashement. If you are continuing to save after this, you could also start an instalment savings plan with State Savings. These aren't grate rates, but they are fixed for the duration and your capital is secure (apart from inflation risk)

Back