KBC customers should switch to BoI ahead of the sale and get up to 3% cash back

Brendan Burgess

Founder
If a KBC customer chooses to switch to Bank of Ireland, they will get 2% cash back up front and another 1% if they are still with BoI after 5 years.

But, instead, if they are sold to BoI , they won't get any cash back.

So they should switch now.

Or better still, switch to Avant or Finance Ireland.

Brendan

I'm with Ulster Bank, coming to the end of a fixed rate term. We're planning on selling our house and moving in the next year or so. If I switch providers and get a cashback offer, would they look to claw it back because the mortgage was redeemed so soon?

Did a quick search on AAM but don't see any threads on the idea. Presumably would have to go with a variable rate because there may be penalties on breaking a fixed rate, even if it's for sale purposes.

I'm with Ulster Bank, coming to the end of a fixed rate term. We're planning on selling our house and moving in the next year or so. If I switch providers and get a cashback offer, would they look to claw it back because the mortgage was redeemed so soon?
No. They would not.

I'm with Ulster Bank, coming to the end of a fixed rate term. We're planning on selling our house and moving in the next year or so.
@argolis Consider posting your mortgage details in the switcher thread (in the format shown in the first post). I'll estimate the savings you would make from switching to different Ulster Bank rates (or to another lender if you decide to go that route). And Avant and Finance Ireland have features that are useful for people who are planning to move home in the feature.

I presume this is only for people not in contract. I am less than a year into a 5 year fixed with KBC. Break fee would be too big ya?

Back