judgment on property so can't sell

As I've already stated - it's ALWAYS preferable to have the house sold. The Irish company can arrange a Short-Sale of the property with the bank - which expedites the whole process.

Suarez, you seem to be ignoring the judgement against the property.
I tried to sell a house with 3 judgements against it. All 3 also have judgements on my family home. 1 judgement was held by a private company for 60 k. On the basis they had a judgement on my family home they approved the release and allowed the sale after I furnished them with proof that I wouldn't make a penny from the sale.
The other 2 JM holders were divisions of the same bank that wrote the mortgage. They both refused to release and so the sale fell through. The house will be surrendered next week.

In my opinion the OP should just surrender the house. The judgement holder is unlikely to give it up as they know they'll definitely get nothing. Also, my experience is that some solicitors won't even bother dealing with a property that has judgements against it as the hassle is immense and usually leads to nothing.

Apologies, I made a mistake. I was answering 'concept's' question - who doesn't appear to have a judgement against him. Didn't realise the particular thread I was on. Yeah - just surrender it if judgements against it.

Back