Jobseeker Benefits/Assistance

E

elle150

Hi, i was recently made redundent in job about 3 weeks ago. in that time i have been looking for another job (no luck). I was working in the job for nearly two years on a part - time basis I was given no redundency pay. My problem is that i am also a student. I don't qualify for Assistance or a grant. i desperately need the money to make ends meet. My parents are unable to support me. would i qualify for jobseeker benefits/assistance?

Hi, i was recently made redundent in job about 3 weeks ago. in that time i have been looking for another job (no luck). I was working in the job for nearly two years on a part - time basis I was given no redundency pay. My problem is that i am also a student. I don't qualify for Assistance or a grant. i desperately need the money to make ends meet. My parents are unable to support me. would i qualify for jobseeker benefits/assistance? I'm only 4months from finishing college.

Do you have any advice?

If youa re a full-time student, you will not be able to claim JA or JB. You must be available for full-time work to get either of these. Your only hope would seem to be to get another part-time job. Good luck with the hunt!

Back