Job seeking - no salary information provided on role

imalwayshappy

Hi,

How do people deal with issue when a company advertises a position but there is no salary range given. I have looked at similar positions in the company (but in different departments) and have a very very rough idea. I don't want to go through multiple interviews to find out we are on two different pages when it comes to salary (it happened to me before). I have looked on Glassdoor etc.

The position is a Manager job in a tech company based in Dublin.

Thanks

How do people deal with issue when a company advertises a position but there is no salary range given.
Apply for the job. If you get a call back from the recruiter, then you can ask what the salary range is before proceeding. It's not in either party's interest to go through a few rounds of interviews and for the company to then make an offer that you will reject because it does not meet your expectations.

Last edited:
Apply for the job. If you get a call back form the recruiter, then you can ask what the salary range is before proceeding. It's not in either party's interest to go through a few rounds of interviews and for the company to then make an offer that you will reject because it does not meet your expectations.

Thanks for the response but unfortunately its not a recruiter (if it was it would be far easier) you would be applying directly to the company.

*update* I misread the post, yes I might just do that!

Presumably it's not terribly inconvenient to do the first interview?

If you get called, it's nearly always a good idea to do the interview. If it turns out that the job is not right for you, at least you are on their radar, if another, more suitable, job comes up.

And at the first interview, you could ask about salary.

But if doing the interview is inconvenient, you could ask them about the salary or tell them yours and say that you assume it's more than you are currently being paid.

Brendan

Presumably it's not terribly inconvenient to do the first interview?

If you get called, it's nearly always a good idea to do the interview. If it turns out that the job is not right for you, at least you are on their radar, if another, more suitable, job comes up.

And at the first interview, you could ask about salary.

But if doing the interview is inconvenient, you could ask them about the salary or tell them yours and say that you assume it's more than you are currently being paid.

Brendan

Yeah all valid points. The only thing is you can spend a lot of time prepping for an interview doing research etc. so it can be a waste of time if you are not at the races when it comes to salary at the outset. If you were to apply for multiple positions this would get taxing very quickly. I would probably think that calling this issue out when they call you for interview is a positive thing as you don't want to be wasting anybody's time and would hope the employer would take this as a positive.

Back