Job Seekers Allowance :: Dead-End, Need Assistance Plz

D

DigiBoy25

Dear friends,

First of all, Seasons Greetings to Everyone! I wish you all the best for this festive period of time.

My problem is the following: I have been in the UK for approximately 4 months, looking for employment opportunities suitable to my studies (BSc in Business Administration, MSc in Technology and Entrepreneurship). I was offered a job position before coming in the UK, unfortunately, the company collapsed just a few weeks before my signing on. Since then, I couldn't find anything at all, however I am still optimist and persistent.

In the middle of November, I was so desperate that I applied for a job in Starbucks. It was more than obvious that I couldn't fit to the environment, however I strongly put every effort to become productive and an excellent teamworker!

Customers and colleagues loved me! HOWEVER, the manager didn't like me at all: after a few weeks, she called me 'stupid and moron' in front of the customers, complained that I've been very slow, BUT that I still am 'excellent with clients'. The environment was becoming more hostile as time was passing by, abusive language was used, and I was a 'victim' of verbal and physical threat from a female colleague, because I told her that I anticipate commands from a supervisor and not from her (actually, I wasn't there to replace her and make her job, too). Then she said to 'watch my back' and 'that's a direct threat'.

After all these and many others, I decided to leave. I was forced to leave. This is my point of view.

NOW THE PROBLEM: I applied for a Job Seekers Allowance, and I declared that I was forced to leave: however the local Job Centre contacted Starbucks and they said that I was voluntarily left because I didn't like the job! So, I need to write a letter to them, explaining my version.

WHAT SHOULD I WRITE? What if they consider me that I voluntarily quit my job? Undeniably, it was a hostile and unfriendly environment. I wanted to leave as quick as possible...

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

THAAAAAAAANK YOU! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Sue for constructive dismissal and tell the Social? Or chalk it down to experience and find another job?

Write a detailed letter of your exact reasons for leaving (as you have posted here). You have already delclared an outline of why you left. Also, tell SW that you did not leave because you 'did not like the job'.

Dear friends,

After all these and many others, I decided to leave. I was forced to leave. This is my point of view.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

THAAAAAAAANK YOU! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

In my opinion , you left your job voluntarily and you will be disqualified from receiving Jobseekers Allowance for 9 weeks ...... However if this is the case , you can always appeal ( within 21 days ) .........So you can start writing that letter ..................

Back