IT 38 form

bungey

Hello,
Can anyone tell me under what heading does a rental property that was inherited as part of an estate when probate was granted get logged on the IT38 form?
Would this be under Other Personality or elsewhere?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Yes it must be returned on the IT38 if its value on valuation date exceeds 80% of your tax free CAT threshold for all gifts and inheritances received from that group aggregated since 5th December 1991. If it is a freehold property it is classed as Real Property.

Thank you very much, just to clarify do you mean that it is only listed as real property on the IT38 if my share of the value of the rental property exceeds 80% of my tax free threshold. As it does not , do you know where it would be listed?.. would it be 'Other Personality'. I'm querying this as I'm looking into claiming a dwelling house relief and would not be entitled if this rental property also needs to be listed as ' Dwelling house'.
Thank you again for your time and expertise

My question is re the IT38 form is how to list a rental property? as I have been advised I qualify for a dwelling house relief on my family home, where I live. Is it correct to list the rental property under 'Other Realty' in the section 'Particulars of Property' or does it need to be listed as something else? Thanks

Back