Is this money laundering

S

stocking

there are people who work on the Internet and usualy being paid by checks issued by online companies. Some countries are blacklisted by those companies therefore they don't send check to people in countries like those. I would like to strart some bussiness activity where checks will be sent to my address in Ireland but with somebodyelses names on them and I will be lodging those checks into my Irish bank account. Then when the check is fully cleared I will transfer the money to the owner excluding my commisions.
How legal is that? Would that work out here for me as a bussines?
thanks

Why are these countries blacklisted? I wonder if you run this sort of business then would you need [broken link removed] authorisation since you would be handling money belonging to other people?

All financial transactions to/from certain named jurisdictions are classed as suspect, and therefore reportable to Gardai by banks etc, under anti-money laundering legislation. The military regime in Myanmar (formerly Burma) is one such example - there are others. There presumably are reasons why certain countries are treated in this way - past facilitation of money laundering, international corruption, terrorism, illegal arms dealing or contravention of international sanctions may be among the reasons.

Any amateur punter thinking of doing business involving handling money on behalf of these sorts of characters would need their heads examined, in my opinion.

Given that even legitimate flows of money to countries such as Pakistan and Afghanistan (e.g. donations to registered charities from verifiable income) warrants attention under anti-terrorist financing legislation, I truly dread to imagine what kind of trouble your plan could bring.

I certainly wouldn't advise travelling to the US or UK anytime soon after setting it up!

Back