Is there no monthly subscription cost for Sky+?

Joe Nonety

I always thought that Sky+ was €15 a month unless you were subscribed to a certain number of premium packages a month, but going by [broken link removed] it seems I was wrong.
Can anyone verify?

I've been a sky+ subscriber for 12 months now, and there is no additional charge for the service any more. I don't have any premium channels, just 2 of the regular "mix" packages, costing €22 per month at the moment.

No it's just a once off payment of 149euro - although I see it advertised now for 49euro - well worth it.

Last edited:
Gipiman, I pay €30 per month for the basic Sky. Do you just pay €22 per package or [!!] €22 overall?
Sky+ sounds very interesting. Must investigate.

Last edited:
I have 2 mixes - entertainment and knowledge - and pay €22 per month for those. It's due to increase to €23 from September.

Isn't the Sky+ €49 offer for new customers only ? Existing customers pay €149 ?

As already posted in a different thread, I have arranged to get a free Sky+ box just by asking for one. I would be a new Sky customer - worth asking if you're in the same boat.

Dont forget about the €50 installation charge on top of €149 for the Sky+ box!
I was on to them today to arrange Sky+ as an existing customer, and yes, the €49 offer is only for new customers!
Went ahead with it anyway - there's no extra charge per month. It's €15 extra per month for Sky HD.

So it's €199 for Sky plus for existing customers...that leaflet I got in the door was misleading, but we were going to get it anyway, so what can you do?
Hope its worth it for himself to record hours of football!