Is there any bank that you can put money into a savings account online

LBT

just wondering does any bank do this I want to set up a direct debit for a savings account but if I have anything extra at the end of the month to be able to put it in online. Had this facility when I was living in Oz and thought it was a great idea

i find the AIB Online Personal Savings Plan very good. You pay a minimum or 20 euro a month i think, and then you bung in extra when ever you like up to a maximum of 1000 euro

You have to have an AIB current account to use this Regular Saver Account.

[broken link removed]

Open Online

If you've registered for Internet Banking you can also open your Personal Savings Plan online.

Most if not all banks offer the facility. Have you tried rabodirect

I am with Bank of Ireland and as far as I know they don't do it..

I must be missing something. Bank Of Ireland don't offer the facility to make an online payment into a savings account???

I think you can do this, but you need to add your savings a/c as a beneficiary to your current a/c

You can ring 1890 365 200 to do this. You will need the sort code and account number of your savings a/c.

It will take up to 5 days for this to appear on your list of beneficiaries online, but the customer service rep can make a once off transfer there and then.

I regularly transfer money from my BoI current account to my BoI savings account. Firstly, you will need a savings account and need both your savings account and your current account registered with Banking 365 and the one you want to transfer to registered as a beneficiary as boaber has mentioned. (). Then just transfer to the savings account like you would to any other beneficiary like in the . Bear in mind though, you mightn't be getting the best rates on a regular savings account. You might be better to set up a Special Bonus Saver Account and modify your direct debit monthly. You can still see your balance online but can't do the transfer online (last time I discussed it with them anyway).

Bank of Ireland aside, there's nothing to stop you registering any type of savings account in any bank and transferring the money using BoI's Banking 365 assuming that's where you want to transfer the money from.

Back