Is Tesco planning on annoying customers?

amtc

I was feeling all warm and fuzzy towards Tesco having received more than usual Clubcard vouchers...BGE tie up from elec and gas.

So off I happily tootle to Tesco last night.

My mood began to go downhill when the woman in front of me returning a trolley as I was picking one up...couldn't get her euro out...and asked me for mine and I could take her trolley. I pointed that solution would only leave me with her problem....couldn't get it through to her.

Did my shopping but very quickly as the piped music was dire. I can best describe it as a strangled cat and high pitched wails set to instrumental discordant screeches.

At the checkout I asked if this was standard. The cashier said it was and many customers have complained about it. He said he had to learn to tune it out. I asked what the point was and he said it was to encourage shorter browsing. But surely that means I spend less...

Any warm fuzzy feelings now gone..

I find their tendency to leave gone off fresh produce such as bags of salad and fruit etc on display to be the most annoying.
I can live with the music.
They are badly positioned in the market; Lidl and Aldi are cheaper and better for common products. Supervalue are better and about the same price for the higher end products. Basically there's not much reason to go to Tesco.

The whole lot of the bloody supermarkets have lost the plot, if you ask me. How often have we heard "We have installed this, that or t'other for the benefit of you the customer." The truth is they have installed whatever to enhance their profits and nothing else.

I avoid supermarkets as much as possible and a trip to one on Sunday (or even Saturday) would be walking hell on earth for me. If I can do the weekly shopping in fifteen minutes car to supermarket to car, then everybody else can do the same.

Nothing infuriates me more than some stupid old dame looking at two identical jars of beetroot not knowing which one to put in her already overfilled trolley.