is it worth complaining a solicitor?

L

lilliewilde

Re: Victims of the Legal Profession / Victims of Irish Solicitors Society

Do a Google on "Making a complaint about your Solicitor" on pages from Ireland and you'll get the Citizen's information document on this topic, which seems very good to me.

Do any of you think its worth complaining about a solicitor who hasn't returned a phone call in a month, although called every day asking for important information by the client?

Thanks

Do any of you think its worth complaining about a solicitor who hasn't returned a phone call in a month, although called every day asking for important information by the client?

As CCOVICH says, what is the matter at hand? I recently was pestered by a woman ( not my client) who phoned me several times a day for a week to find out about something that frankly was none of her business. I did eventually take a most unpleasant call from a most unpleasant woman who shouted at me for several minutes before I could advise that the information she wanted would not come from me but from her brother - who she was not speaking to. I'm not a referee.

What one person thinks is important may not necessarily be so. However, if it is a genuine issue, then write, email or fax a message asking for the information and advising the number of calls made etc.,etc and confirming that in the absence of a proper response, that you will (e.g.) engage another firm, complain to the Law Society, as appropriate.

mf

I had a problem with a solicitor (a conveyancy issue) a couple of years ago. My wife made numerous calls with no effect.
I wrote 2 letters to him, with a gap of about two weeks between the letters, detailing the problem and referring to the amount of calls made to his office without any progress.

My third letter went to the Law Society. they kicked his This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language, and he was forced to resolve the issue at his cost. I ended up not paying for the convenacy at all. The guy was totally incompetent.

If you have a legitimate problem with a Solicitor, then the Law Society will definitly sort it out for you. You don't really have anything to lose except some of your time.

Back