is it possible to save 250 pm

hi a few posters have said we could get cheaper house ins, renewal not till jan but cheapest quote coming in at 622 on insure.ie and if we do it by DD like we normally do it will cost more? (we l live in a 2000 sq ft house in the country)

Check your rebuild costs are in line with latest guide prices:

http://namawinelake.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/scsguide2011.jpg

You may be valuing your house on old rebuild costs.

I recently renewed house insurance with the cheapest being €370 with the highest close to €700. You really need to shop around yourself and as you don't necessarily get the cheapest quotes by going to brokers such as insure.ie. The way I approach renewal of insurances is to draft an email containing all the relevant house/car information and send it to multiple insurers and brokers - this avoids wasting time filling out the same information on online forms.

We are getting significantly cheaper than that on a sub-2,000 sq.ft house in Dublin. Shop around and ask questions, but be careful not to under-price the rebuilding costs and to include for decommissioning, demolition, and taking away. I think the SCS still publish a guide and you should take professional advice on this.

Back