Is it possible to have a joint Power of Attorney? Why might it not be reccommended?

BOXtheFOX

Is it possible to have a joint Power of Attorney? My father's solicitor told him that he would not recommend this but gave him no reason why? Anyone any idea as to why a solicitor would not recommend a joint Power of Attorney considering it is what everybody wants including my father?

Re: Joint Power of Attorney.

Is it possible to have a joint Power of Attorney? My father's solicitor told him that he would not recommend this but gave him no reason why? Anyone any idea as to why a solicitor would not recommend a joint Power of Attorney considering it is what everybody wants including my father?

Are you talking about Power of Attorney simpliciter or an Enduring Power of Attorney?

1. Yes.
2. Presumably because of the concerns about the joint powers falling out and it becoming impossible for anyone to do anything. Mostly, if you are going to appoint an Attorney you need to trust them and if you don't, then why bother?
3. I'm not sure I like the idea of it being "what everyone wants including my father"! Its your fathers wishes alone that count.

Mind you if this all relates back to an earlier situation you posted about...........?

mf

Back