Is Household benefit for under age 65 means tested?

BlueButton

Hi,

I hope AAM will be able to confirm an answer to this for me.

I've recently been approved for an Invalidity Pension, commencing next month, with over 40 years PRSI contributions. (Lost out on the extra Budget payments paid in November)

I have been on Illness Benefit for the past 2 years. I'm 64.

I had been getting an additional payment for my husband, as a dependent adult. He's 62 and he was recently means tested to confirm we were still eligible to continue getting the additional payment under the Invalidity Pension. We were approved, no problem.

There's now an option to apply for the Household Benefit Package. Are either one or both of us, liable to a means test to be eligible for this?

I understand the Fuel Allowance would be means tested.

There's no one else living with us.

Thank you for reading,
Bluebutton

There's now an option to apply for the Household Benefit Package. Are either one or both of us, liable to a means test to be eligible for this?
See here.
People under 70 can also get the HBP, but additional rules apply – see ‘How to qualify for the Household Benefits Package’ below.

I understand the Fuel Allowance would be means tested.
Many people getting a social welfare payment will qualify for the Fuel Allowance – see ‘How to qualify for Fuel Allowance’ below.

In my opinion you should apply for both (and any other payments that might apply) and let SW figure it out for you.

Back