Is external insulation possible in this house

Haille

I have a 1989 dormer bungalow. which has 2 inch aero board insulation in the cavity.The front of the house in other words the outer leaf is Leitrim ( sandstone) stone. I am looking at all possibilities for improving insulation. I had a guy have a look at option of dry lining but this would involve a lot of disturbance, removing rads, 3 handbasins as I have them in 2 bedrooms and a 3 Rd in en-suite. Large fitted wardrobe installed in the main bedroom approx 3 years ago.Removing small kitchen unit and losing bath in main bathroom and maybe shower in en-suite ioff the main bedroom.Is it impossible to consider external insulation given that I do not want to loose my sandstone frontage.Have any other householders with possibly brick frontage got around this obstacle?.I could consider pumping the walls and do selective dry lining I.e only in certain rooms.Any suggestions please.

I meant to add is it possible to do external insulation on the back and 2 sides of house only? Possibly pump the front wall from the inside or do dry lining of the front wall?

As alluded to in another thread of yours about a similar topic of heat loss in your dormer house, your air tightness is very poor and without addressing this critical weakness first, any insulation improvements won't make a whit of difference.

As alluded to in another thread of yours about a similar topic of heat loss in your dormer house, your air tightness is very poor and without addressing this critical weakness first, any insulation improvements won't make a whit of difference.
Hi Micks'r, do you operate nationally e.g. Cork and if so can you pm a contact no please.
Thanks Fidel

Yes no problem, based out of Wexford and West Cork covering Leinster / Munster regions. You'll find my mobile phone contact detail at www.rebelenergy.ie.
Mick i have read many of your posts with interest, you are clearly an expert in your field,

I hope you dont mind me saying this but your website doesn't do you any favours in that regard, if i came across it without knowing it was yours i would move along to something else. Stupid i know but it happens.

Mick i have read many of your posts with interest, you are clearly an expert in your field,

I hope you dont mind me saying this but your website doesn't do you any favours in that regard, if i came across it without knowing it was yours i would move along to something else. Stupid i know but it happens.
Thank you.
Lol, I know. I don't mind you saying it in the least. You're not the first either (my marketing manager aka my daughter with a business / marketing degree has been telling me this for years!).
Despite my weak web presence, I enjoy what I do, am kept busy enough (primarily through word of mouth) and am at a stage in life where I don't need nor want to be mad busy and all that entails.

Thank you.
Lol, I know. I don't mind you saying it in the least. You're not the first either (my marketing manager aka my daughter with a business / marketing degree has been telling me this for years!).
Despite my weak web presence, I enjoy what I do, am kept busy enough (primarily through word of mouth) and am at a stage in life where I don't need nor want to be mad busy and all that entails.
In that case ignore my critique! Fair play and as i said i really enjoy your posts, thanks for contributing.

Back