Is copy Memorial from Registrar of Deeds & copy Vesting Cert sufficient for sale of property?

Prosper

Father died last year. Probate application made. Want to put house on market.
It's not registered in Land Registry i.e. no folio exists. It is registered in Registry of Deeds and I have a Copy of Memorial from Registry of Deeds. There is a stamp on this dated Jan 1966 with a "Book Ref. No." on it. The most recent stamp on it is 2013. Also, I have certified copy of the Land Registry Vesting Cert. Will these documents be enough to sign contracts to sell the house?

You can't sell the house without a solicitor.

Talk to your solicitor. Give them the information they ask for. They will advise you.

mf

As mf1 says, you MUST go to a solicitor. There is a lot more to selling a house than copies of bits of paper. There will be various certifications needed as to Property Tax and Water Charges to say the least. Then solicitors will need to check that title is valid, that there are no impediments such as unauthorised extensions, rights of way or legal charges on the property.

Sorry folks - I didn't give enough info in this post. I would never try to sell a house without a solicitor. The issue I have is that it appears that the house deeds are lost. I've put another post on Askaboutlaw forum that explains it better.

Back