irish life plan

Dublin85

hello I recently signed up for avc with irish life. I picked a balanced investment plan. is there a better option for me? thanks

It all depends on your willingness to take on risk. If you are very cautious the balanced fund may be to risky for you. If you are happy with a fairly high level of risk you could look at the higher risk funds and you would probably get a higher fund gain. If you have a fairly good pension and over 10 years to retirement, then you would probably be better of taking a bit more risk with your AVCs.

thanks for the reply. ya I have well over 10 years to retirement so would have no problem with additional risk. I was curious as to the possibility of managing the fund myself and try to emulate some type of etf & would this reduce the 1%AMC? thanks

The 1% amc is Irish Life's charge for running your AVC. While it includes some of the cost of running the fund, switching funds won't reduce it.

Check the allocation rate of your AVCs. This can be as low as 95%. You can get an allocation rate of 100% on an AVC PRSA through an execution only broker.

Back