irish investments for 150k

O

ois

i had i bussiness there for the last five years but now im getting out of the trade but not sure what to invest in.i know its down to me to decide but i would like to here some ideas?

No doubt somebody will moan about me saying so but ... I think you'll need to post a bit more info about your overall circumstances, existing savings/investments/debts, short/medium/long term plans/investment targets, attitude to risk/volatility etc. etc. for people to make any meaningful comment.

i own a apartment as well worth today probley €500,000.i was looking into the rabo direct investments @ 5% intrest.im basically out of a job in january 2008 and i know its a very bad time to buy property in ireland at the moment.i will be looking for a medium risk investment probley long term.

im only a entrepreneur so im still learning so go easy on me:eek:

i was looking into the rabo direct investments @ 5% intrest.
Presumably you actually mean RaboDirect's savings account offering 5% on sums up to €10K and 3.75% on the balance over that? Their investment products are different and are basically unit linked funds offering no capital guarantee. If you don't know the difference they you should get professional advice. Even if you do it might not be a bad idea.
and i know its a very bad time to buy property in ireland at the moment.
So what? You are already significantly invested in property through your apartment (even if it is you home) so buying property may not be the best option anyway even if the market climate was different.
i will be looking for a medium risk investment probley long term.
How long and how probably?

Back