Irish domicilied ETF in form11

lpuglia

I already sent an enquiry to Revenue about this but i didn't get a reply. I was reading about ETF taxation in "Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) Part 27-01A-03"

In particular: "Acquisition of an EU ETF must be included on Form 11 in panel E at line 322(e) and income and gains from same must be included in 322(a)/(c), as appropriate."

I have a doubt about Irish domicilied ETF, are these considere EU ETF? do I have to declare them in FORM11?

Good question. And also, do you have to declare just an acquisition before sale of an ETF? and not solely after you dispose?

For example if you bought into an etf last year, do you have to declare having not sold/disposed of it yet?

If you bought an ETF last year, you record that acquisition in this year's Form 11. If that ETF paid dividends you record that in the Form 11 and pay 41% tax on those dividends. When you sell the ETF or after 8 years you record the gain in the Form 11 the year after disposal and pay 41% on gains.

Hello Geoff, thanks for the reply, do you how do you get access to form 11? this morning i registered to ROS but in "my services" dashboard i can't see anything related

Hello Geoff, thanks for the reply, do you how do you get access to form 11? this morning i registered to ROS but in "my services" dashboard i can't see anything related
So you can log into ROS and the "My Services" tab refers to the ROS dashboard?
In that case under "File a Return", choose "Complete a Form Online". Select "Income Tax", then "Form 11" and click the File Return button.
There's a youtube video from revenue that I can't seem to add here. If you google "Filing a pre-poulated form11" you should be able to find it.

Argh, i think i selected the wrong digital certificate, i selected CGT instead of Income Tax, for some reason it was giving me error on Income Tax so i selected CGT, hopefully it can be ammended quickly, thanks!

Back