Irish Companies Offering Online Trading

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

I have read through most of the posts on online trading and to be honest I am more confused now than ever about the whole process!!

I am familiar with most of the jargon associated with shares - however from all the posts I have read I am finding it very difficult to gauge who offers the best value / best service with an onling share trading platform. From some of the posts I have read on AAM I think I am not the only member who feels this!!

From what i can gather sharewatch seems to offer the cheapest service. However, after reading numerous lengthy threads complaining about their tendency to make mistakes, buggy platform etc, I feel i should look elsewhere.

Online brokers abroad don't appeal to me (selftrade.co.uk etc) - I would rather avoid throwing an fx risk into the mix and instead would rather deal with an irish company.

Has anyone any thoughts on my previous two paragraphs - have I missed anything obvious?

Finally, (and this is what I think is different from other posts on this topic), I would really appreciate peoples thoughts / experiences with sharewatches Irish online share trading competitors. Personally I would be happy to pay that bit more for a reliable, cost competitive service.

Thanks,
WB

PS Despite my username (!!) I would really only be buying shares for around the €5k mark. This is my first foray into share trading and I want to use this as both a money making and learning experience.
PPS Please dont point me to any key posts - most of them are years out of date and I have read them all anyway!

For online platforms you can choose either:

Davy
Dolmen
Sharewatch
NIB
or
Goodbody

Sharewatch is the cheapest although I agree that their website is like something from the ark and their customer service mediocre at best. Having said that, if you are buying to hold (as opposed to day trading) it is not ~too~ much of an issue.

Back