Ireland + France tax return - 2006

D

dpm

I have recently returned to Ireland having worked in France for 9 months during 2006.

As France has a self-declaration income tax system, I will need to file a French tax return for 2006 within the next month or two. However as I also worked part of 2006 in Ireland I would like to also file a return here - just to ensure that I haven't overpaid my tax more than anything else.

I feel the best way to proceed is to meet with a personal tax advisor who could work through both tax submissions with me (Please note I am an absolute novice when it come to this!).

Has any body any other ideas?

Given that you are trying to file returns in respect of both Irish Tax and French tax, an advisor (or possibly advisors if you require one for the French return and one for the Irish return) is definitely the best option.

Perhaps your employer might be able to give you some pointers on the return you would need to submit in France??

As Newby suggests you really need independent professional advice/assistance with this ideally from somebody with knowledge of the tax systems in both jurisdictions.

Back