ipod

M

minimadam

am heading to the states at the start of nov and someone asked me to get them an ipod while i'm there.

the 20gb ipod is 449euro in argos and i had a look at the walmart website and it's only $290!!!!!...that works out at 245 euro...unbelievable!!!!! how can there be suc a huge difference like that???

u cud buy two in the states for the cost of one here!!!!!:O

You might be better off buying something like a Creative or another vendor's device instead of an iPod as the latter is arguably worse in terms of battery lifetime, sound quality etc. than the alternatives which are often even cheaper.

lovenuts

I still wouldn't pay €245 for a 20Gb iPod. Yes, it looks nice and everything - but not that nice!

In addition to the above, posted by <blank>, check out this really neat thing that was posted here yesterday. It had a little LCD screen for video as well. (boystoys or something)

really neat thing

car posted this [broken link removed] in another post. Hope it helps.

Sluice

I have an ipod and it is wonderful. Don't hesitate. Compared to my sony mini disc it is so easy to navigate, store, download and the sound is considerably better. Yes it is expensive but it is quality, classy and a really good buy. Don't hesitate.

Recheck the pricing... the 0GB is €339 on Apple's online ROI store. The 40GB is €449...

[broken link removed]

ninsaga

mac compatible

Are all the other options mac compatible? I know the ipod is pc compatible but if you have a mac are you stuck with the ipod?

Mac compatible

Check for ipod prices on amazon.co.uk - they are usually among the cheapest in the UK and good to shop over the net from. Ipod and Mac work so seamlessly together and I believe no PC issues. Look at discussion forums on www.apple.com - will give you a good idea of any issues that may arise and how to resolve them.

Back