Investment advice for retirees with excess cash.

No, risk of US Estate taxes too great for US ETFs we use Canadian ETFs to achieve the same effects. Much cheaper than U.K. investment trusts.

you can ignore currency in an equity portfolio, it’s a red herring

Hi Marc okay that is good to know. Can you give me your firms contact/cost details? From a quick google check on F&C it seems their costs are less than 1% annually. Are the Canadian ETF's considerably cheaper?

Any chance you could stop trying to de-rail this thread?

Thanks.
Apologies if it appears that way, not my intention. The OP is looking for investment vehicles for retirees, (F&C thanks to your contribution and potential non-EU ETF route thanks to marc). I can associate with the post as my parents are in a similar position and I think it's reasonable to ask questions of a poster that seems to have a lot of knowledge on the subject. That's why I asked you to further my knowledge and I think it might also benefit the OP to get more information around various IT's.

Anyway if you have any response on my question @Sarenco I'd be curious to get your thoughts. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Marc okay that is good to know. Can you give me your firms contact/cost details? From a quick google check on F&C it seems their costs are less than 1% annually. Are the Canadian ETF's considerably cheaper?
Sent you a message with contact details

Are the Canadian ETF's considerably cheaper?
A global equity portfolio could be constructed using Canadian ETFs with a total expense ratio (TER) of 0.25% (or lower).

However, bear in mind that you will also have to pay a discretionary fund manager's fees (plus VAT) to access those ETFs and a custodian to hold the investments.

Make sure you are taking all costs into account when deciding how to proceed.

Back