Investing 2007

A

aamc

Ladies and Gents,

I am looking to get away from property investment......as aside from the greed factor its begining to bore me!! Stocks and shares looks to be making big strides in the last year or two. But does anyone have any advice or tips. I know all the pit falls as i got burnt before ...........so no negativity!
What should I watch out for???
Whats hot and whats not???
International shares or Irish........all disscussion welcome :D

Please take note of the AAM guideline when posting in this thread.

11. We don't discuss individual shares
You won't find any messages suggesting investing in CRH or asking if AIB is a good investment. It is not the purpose of Askaboutmoney. We don't facilitate stock tipping or speculation about the future performance of individual shares. There are many other forums which discuss individual shares: Sharewatch, The Motley Fool, etc, etc . . .

This guideline does not restrict you from discussing the mechanics of buying or selling shares in a flotation or rights issue

Marion

Stocks and shares looks to be making big strides in the last year or two.
Nothing like arriving at a party when most of the alcohol is already gone. China and Brazil are up 100% from a year ago, that sounds like something you personally might want to get involved in. I've sold most of my positions there and am putting a small bit into Japan which has gone nowhere in the past year.

Nothing like arriving at a party when most of the alcohol is already gone. China and Brazil are up 100% from a year ago, that sounds like something you personally might want to get involved in. I've sold most of my positions there and am putting a small bit into Japan which has gone nowhere in the past year.
Also you should note that the fact that one market has gone nowhere in the past year is any indication of what it might do this year.

Back