Intrum Justitia Settlement

Introuble83

I am in the process of negotiating a settlement with Interim in respect of a historic AIB loan . They are are accepting 60% of the balance outstanding which is currently 32k. My query is they are refusing to give me a letter . They advised me they cannot get into the office to print one and can only send an email . AIB will not confirm the settlement as I am now dealing with the agent . My worry is they lodge the Cheque and don’t settle the account.

I am in the process of negotiating a settlement with Interim in respect of a historic AIB loan . They are are accepting 60% of the balance outstanding which is currently 32k. My query is they are refusing to give me a letter . They advised me they cannot get into the office to print one and can only send an email . AIB will not confirm the settlement as I am now dealing with the agent . My worry is they lodge the Cheque and don’t settle the account.
FWIW, Under no circumstances would I make a payment until I had received the terms in writing. If they can figure out how to negotiate the deal, process the payment, allocate the funds, they can figure out how to access as printer with headed paper and the appropriate signatory

60% ...seems high.
Was it statute barred?
No. I made an offer of 10k and they came back and advised me they cannot settle for less then 18k . The balance outstanding is 30k but a lot of this is sundry interest . The loan is 10 years old . Would you recommend going back to them with another offer ?

A form of words you might use are..'I don't have 18k, unfortunately but I do have an offer of 12.5k from a relative for full and final settlement.' or words to that effect.

Last edited:
Back