interesting article in indo today.

Thought he could have been more forceful in highlighting the likely motivation behind the IAIM making such comments.

More money going into foreign property means less money invested with the members of the IAIM, and therefore less profits from fees etc for them.

I agree with you they have their motivations and in most cases it is not always for saving the financial health of the guillable investor as oposed to wanting their slice of the cake. However there are a lot of cowboys out there and plenty of guillable horses excuse the pun but i agree with the article someones gonna get hurt its the way of the market theres always gotta be the the next mug around to buy off the 1st guy otherwise the price will that is until it gets to paddy last.

What is going to happen in years to come though, has anyone thought about this? Just see my little brother coming out of college in a few months with his business degree and if he gets a job that pays 30K he will extremely lucky. How's he going to be able to afford a house anywhere and the tens of thousands like him. And cheaper foreign workers coming in too. For years now we have been saying that property prices cannot sustain current growth levels and every year they surpass the previous years. I used to think 5 years ago when i got on the property ladder first that I had missed the boat then. My God wasn't I lucky, but i really feel sorry for any young people nowadays looking to buy.

cyp12 said:
someones gonna get hurt its the way of the market theres always gotta be the the next mug around to buy off the 1st guy otherwise the price will that is until it gets to paddy last.

However, if the investment is a good one to start with, there won't be a need to sell it to someone who knows less than you do. I think that any investor who researches the foreign property market they are interested in properly, takes his or her time and doesn't just jump on the latest bandwagon, should do fine.

Back