Interest Rate on Regular Saver Extra Issue K account

evil_g

Our KBC Extra Regular savings accounts have been converted into BOI Regular Saver Extra Issue K account. The interest rate on these seems to be some sort of secret.

Does anyone know what this is, or where I could find it? BOI's helpline is only open Monday to Friday.

You are not alone. I've tracked down a letter from BOI dated November which says "there will be no change in the amount of interst you will earn when your account transfers to BOI". I think this was .25% with KBC, but the letter goes on to say they can vary this, and will confirm their rate in writing.

We don't know the other T&Cs either - maximum sum to gain that interest, minimum/maximum transfer amount etc. (Edit. just read their Guide booklet and it seem# to be €40,000 maximum sum, and €100 to €1000 transfer). You're told to set up a direct debit, but I'm not doing that until I can access the account which is currently greyed out in my app and online.

I'll be on the phone to BOI (again) Monday morning.

Last edited:
You are not alone. I've tracked down a letter from BOI dated November which says "there will be no change in the amount of interst you will earn when your account transfers to BOI". I think this was .25% with KBC, but the letter goes on to say they can vary this, and will confirm their rate in writing.

We don't know the other T&Cs either - maximum sum to gain that interest, minimum/maximum transfer amount etc. (Edit. just read their Guide booklet and it seem# to be €40,000 maximum sum, and €100 to €1000 transfer). You're told to set up a direct debit, but I'm not doing that until I can access the account which is currently greyed out in my app and online.

I'll be on the phone to BOI (again) Monday morning.
The interest rate is 0.75%

I contacted Bank of Ireland to get online access to my transferred account.
They said online access is only available if I open a Current account. For this reason I will no longer be using it.

I contacted Bank of Ireland to get online access to my transferred account.
They said online access is only available if I open a Current account. For this reason I will no longer be using it.
I don't have a current account with Bank of Ireland but I did in the past. I still have a separate old deposit account with them online. Therefore I could place the KBC Regular Saver online but you only see balance you can't see transaction history, you can't in fact do anything apart from view balance. Generally I find BOI branch staff quite unhelpful and the calibre of some branch bank staff leaves a lot to be desired. Their app is mediocre. They only accept payments via Direct Debit and not Standing Order like KBC permitted. Therefore one has to obtain a mandate reference code for the Regular Saver to set up D.D. KBC in comparison was excellent.

Last edited:
Therefore I could place the KBC Regular Saver online but you only see balance you can't see transaction history, you can't in fact do anything apart from view balance
Yes - I'm in the same situation. No current a/c now but used to in past so I was able to add the KBC Reg Saver a/c to my BOI profile ...... but disappointing that there no option online to withdraw the funds to my deposit a/c like there is with a Goalsaver a/c. May send BOI a msg via the app next week asking them to transfer some funds manually .. to see what happens.

Yes - I'm in the same situation. No current a/c now but used to in past so I was able to add the KBC Reg Saver a/c to my BOI profile ...... but disappointing that there no option online to withdraw the funds to my deposit a/c like there is with a Goalsaver a/c. May send BOI a msg via the app next week asking them to transfer some funds manually .. to see what happens.
I also have a new BOI Goalsaver a/c on my 365 online profile with zero balance but It is greyed out just like the Regular Saver transferred from KBC. Are you sure you can withdraw from the Goalsaver online. I had one of these accounts 2 years ago and it was not possible to withdraw online.

Are you sure you can withdraw from the Goalsaver online
Yes - 100% and have done so several times. It's a fairly basic process I click on 'withdraw funds' which appears under the Goalsaver account .. I answer a few simple prompts re amounts etc. This process seems to generate a message to BOI. This msg appears in my sent folder and 48 hours later the amount appears in my deposit a/c.

This is why I am hoping that if I simply create a message in my sent folder I will achieve the same result with the KBC reg saver.

I had one of these accounts 2 years ago and it was not possible to withdraw online.
Out of interest how did you withdraw the funds - did u have to physically go to the bank?

I'm just off the phone to BOI. 4 phone calls with 3 different agents over 60 minutes - one of them very helpful, even rang me back after we were disconnected.

Re Regular Saver Extra K account - there is a problem with this on the app due to the very large numbers being added, If If you also have a BOI current account there should be a "withdraw funds" option under the account. This is currently missing but should be added by 10 March at latest. Meanwhile you can ask on the phone for money to be transferred. Hopefully all this will settle down in due course.

Interest rate as @Pmc365 said is .75%. Conditions are as before except that I was told that only the surplus over €40,000 would be subject to a drop in interest, not the whole amount which I understood to be the case with KBC. If so, that's some good news at least.

Yes - 100% and have done so several times. It's a fairly basic process I click on 'withdraw funds' which appears under the Goalsaver account .. I answer a few simple prompts re amounts etc. This process seems to generate a message to BOI. This msg appears in my sent folder and 48 hours later the amount appears in my deposit a/c.

This is why I am hoping that if I simply create a message in my sent folder I will achieve the same result with the KBC reg saver.

Out of interest how did you withdraw the funds - did u have to physically go to the bank?
I telephoned the bank to close the Goalsaver account.

I was informed by Bank of Ireland in the meantime that it takes time for the " withdraw funds" etc option to appear under a new Goalsaver account.

Back