Interest only mortgage agreed but they take the full amount

D

Dub3

Hi,

I wonder if someone could give me some advice. I applied for interest only on my mortgage and was approved for six months. The lender is Bank of Ireland. They sent me out the approval form to sign which I did and sent it back to them on the same day. This was at the beginning of last month (June). Today I checked my bank account and the full amount of the mortgage has been taken out. I phoned them and they said they never received my signed document so they didn't change to interest only.
They said they will resend the form and I have to sign it and send it back in. I asked them when they will put back into my account the money I shouldn't have paid due to interest only and they said they couldn't guarantee that they will.
Obviously I wouldn't have applied for this if it wasn't seriously necessary. I am now left with no money for July. Can anyone tell me if they will give me back the money I shouldn't have paid? Or what will happen. Thanks in advance.

They will probably apply the 6 month interest only period from when they get the signed approval form, so in your case it will be from July on. Sorry since I know that's not what you wanted to hear...

Back