Insurance Renewal

tweety07

My insurance is up for renewal in October (have been with VHI for nearly 20 years), it's coming in at around 45 euro a month which isn't bad but not a huge amount of cover for this.

Looking to know which Healthcare company is best i.e. the best cover for the least money.

I'm 37, female, no pre existing, will hope to have kids in the next couple of years.

Not sure who to go with at this stage

tweety07,

What VHI plan are you on at the moment?

What level of hospital cover are you considering?

Snowyb

I'm on One Plan Starter, I suppose I'm in good health thank god so not overly concerned about cover but I suppose I should be.

tweety07,

The One Plan Starter with VHI just covers all public hospitals. This means that if you need surgery or treatment, you will be on the same
waiting list as people with no health insurance. Some of these waiting lists are 2+ years depending on the type of surgery. While a basic plan
like this is ok for avoiding the loadings for over 35s, it doesn't really serve any real purpose in the long term.

It would be worth your while considering plans with cover for both public and private hospitals, which gives you extra options if required.
In order to keep the cost down, plans with a bigger private excess amount are a good idea. An inpatient excess is only payable if you are admitted to a private hospital for a stay. VHI One Plan 500; price 769pa; covers all public and private hospitals. With a price difference of 200pa or 4 euro
per week, this plan offers a lot more hospital cover for your buck.

The following link has a few suggestions covering all public and private hospitals. The only difference between each plan is the inpatient excess
amount only payable in a private hospital on admittance for surgery or a day case procedure, and price.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Back