Insulation - cavity block house

C

chickey

Hi, rang two companies about getting cavity in a 9" cavity block house insulated. One salesman has come back to me to say this cannot be done and that I should avoid anyone who says they can do this and that drylining is the only option for houses constructed of 9" block.

he mentioned a company who clain they can do and says they are not certified and use a product which is illegal in Ireland.

Anybody any experience/knowledge on this subject?

Sorry I can't answer your question but these previous threads might be worth a read:

cavity block

I don't know if there is an illegal product on the market but I wonder how it would work without leaving gaps/cold bridges.But dry lining is not the BEST solution ,
check the links that Suellen has provided for you.The most logic and effective insulation goes on the outside of a building,like a pullover on the body.

Logic

"The most logic and effective insulation goes on the outside of a building,like a pullover on the body"

Think of it this way, if you want to insulate your body, and keep out wind/rain, the best way to do it is to wear your raincoat nearest your skin (to keep it dry) and your jumper outside that (to keep you warm). Logical.

Re: Logic

Then you end up with a bad back from carrying around a rain sodden pullover and require a new pullover everytime you go out as the wet one is all stretched out of shape. Logical.

Back