Information on Fathers will

I

informmenow

My brother is executor of my fathers will and to this day (a few years ago now) my siblings do not know if there is anything in the will regarding some siblings and myself.

Nothing has ever been discussed to us, not a word about the will. My brother can be very devious and to be honest not a very trustworthy character even to his own family. The family has split up in communications.

The family solicitor who was involved with my dads will, is also involved with my brother heavily now as my brother has acquired alot of my fathers assets. I know of these certain assets to my brother as my father told me before his death.

My father also had discussions before his death with some of my siblings and myself stating information about property that would be split between siblings in the future.

I have gone to the Probate office only last year and there is no records at all of the will.

My brother does not talk to alot of my siblings nor myself and even if communication was still there we still would be told nothing.

My question is where do I start to look into this? I just want to find out that the procedures of the will was all law abiding, am I dealing with a corrupt family solicitor who is siding with the brother who holds the purse strings and not forthcoming in information to the rest of the siblings? All we want is to know that there is no cover ups and that there is nothing going on without our knowledge. Is there something in the will that we were meant to know and this has been kept from us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

"Is there something in the will that we were meant to know and this has been kept from us."

And this all happened a few years ago? Why have you waited?

Ask. Your brother- altho' how you know he is the executor if you don't know anything else is a bit of a mystery.

If you get nowhere there, ask the solicitor if he is dealing with your late father's estate. if he is, he does not have to deal with you, the executor is his client , not you if you are not a beneficiary.

If you are a beneficiary, and he is dealing with the estate, he should be able to tell you something.

Go and see a separate solicitor yourself. If you give them the full story e.g. date of death, list of assets etc.,etc, they could make some preliminary enquiries by way of property searches to see if there are any property assets in your fathers name or that have been transferred.

"am I dealing with a corrupt family solicitor"

That's a big leap - your problem is with your family ( all of you, not just your so-called devious brother).

mf

Thanks for your advice.

As for the devious brother thing - believe me I can give you a number of character references from people who got stung with money by him.

As for why now look into it - I guess I just want to make sure that all my fathers wishes in the will have been dealt with accordingly so I can have peace of mind and continue on with life without this hanging over me. We all deal with issues in our own time and in our own way - that's life.

My father told me he was the executor.

I will be going to my solicitor

You could always tell them - your brother and his solicitor, that since you have not seen a will and no probate has been taken out, you have instructed your solicitor to start the process of taking out a letter of administration on the estate - that should put the wind up them and get his solicitor talking....

I'm sure your solicitor will not suggest this tactic as it is a bit strong arm.....

Thanks for that advice. Will look into that straight away

I thought benificaries were entitled to a copy of a will or part thereof concerning them? Surely nothing should be done until it is probated and then it is a public document?

Back