Information on company shares

C

Curlywee

Does anyone know where I can get information that might help me make a decision on whether or not to invest in a company on the Irish stock exchange? Is it a good idea to contact the company directly?

Re: Information on compnmay shares

Check out broker websites, e.g. ww.davy.ie and They will give you a certain amount of free analysis, but, you get what you pay for.

The Sunday Times has opinions from 2 analysts each week on whether to buy or sell a specific share.

There are very few 'sell' recommendations.

The website is an Irish website that allows discussion of individual shares.

You could look at the 'Investor Relations' section of a company's website and see what sort of data they provide. Or give them a call. A lot of the information is likely to be retrospective and may not be of much use. They may well refer you to their broker.

In short, you may need to pay for decent analysis. Brokers will generally only provide decent analyst reports to their clients/prospective clients.

If it proves too dificult/expensive to get objective information that you can decipher youself, reduce your risk by buying an index, either through a unit linked fund or an ETF.

Thanks for the info.
I have bought some funds but have a particular interest in a couple of companies. I will check out the askaboutshares site.

Back