Independent financial adviser for retiring parents

G

goodluke

Hello,
My parents are around 10 - 13 years away from retirement and wish to speak to an independent financial adviser to work out what they should be doing with their earnings and pensions. Could anybody recommend someone they could go and speak to about these issues?
Thanks,
Luke...

Hi Luke, two quick suggestions:

• Who is the broker/adviser for their current arrangements?
  • Are either of them in a company pension scheme - if so, they could 'piggy-back' off the consultant to that company scheme?

Hello Capital,

My father only works part-time as he is retired from the Army and he has an Army pension. My mother is in the OPW (civil service) pension but has only been in it less than 10 years. They just want to make sure they make the right decisions with the extra cash they have now and for the next few years before retirement - they currently don't have any broker/adviser.

i'm not sure if the civil sevice pension scheme would have a consultant?

any ideas greatly appreciated,
luke..

• No, the civil service scheme should have a pensions department though, I really cannot comment on how useful or otherwise the advice from them would be
  • I understand that there is a list of authorised advisers linked on this website, if you use the search function?
  • The company that I work for is one such firm

Back