Laya Increase in Laya subscription 20%

putsch

Hi

I just got my renewal invoice and I see the cost of my policy has increased by 20%. A note on the invoice says that €285 of this is the government levy leaving about another €40 increase.

Is this par for the course?

that would right, this present coalition just cannot get enough of money off the taxpayer to keep themselves comfortable eamo

Thanks eamo but I'm just wondering what other people's experiences at renewal date are - I don't really want to get into a debate about the causes on this thread.

Hi putsch,

Since your last renewal date, there have been 2 price increases on all policies with Quinn/Laya, on 1 Jan 2012 and 1 March 2012. Price increases in Jan ranged from 2% to 25% depending on the policy you have. Also March increase was 6.5% on all policies.

Snowyb

You would be better to check www.hia.ie before you renew and compare your current policy to what is on offer by Laya and others. I never blithely renew ANY policy now as you will rarely if ever get the best value for money. Companies count on the inertia of customers to boost profitability.

Mine has increased by just over 20% as well with Laya. Time to shop around and consider revising my cover.

Company Plan Extra with VHI has increased 28% for me. I switched from a Quinn Company plan to VHI last year. I thought that I was moving sideways. However VHI has said differently. I moved sideways but slightly upwards apparently. My excess with Quinn was circa €250 but with the new VHI it was €175. As a result they are refusing to pay me a consultants claim until I have been on this VHI policy for 12 months.
They get you every way.

Thanks.

Afraid am over 50 with a few minor problems and who knows what's around the corner so I do want to keep health insurance as long as I can. I've changed policies a number of times and always use hia site which is great. But to be honest for the cover I want (especially one which refunds a decent portion of physio/chiro/osteo costs - constant back troubles) the current plan is best.

Seems I'll have to pay up. Roll on health sector reform.

I reckon you will then pay the extra but the service will not be available for a considerable time. After which we will all be paying the extra on top of our Health Insurance which we will be afraid to discontinue.
Dont trust any government they are too busy feathering their own nest and protecting their incomes and pensions. Why would they give a thought to give us value for money.

It amazes me that they are not getting huge opposition to charging the full rate for beds in public hospitals shortly - what are we getting for our contributions to health care included in our PRSI contributions. Will people with private health care insurance get a reduction in our PRSI rate, since we are no longer getting any benefit at all.

Browtal

Back