Home In general are Walls/ Concrete fences included in Home insurance?

safetymom

A few weeks ago our concrete fence blew down at one point between ours and neighbours house, we are in an estate in detached houses. It was one of the many storms Gareth I think!!
My question is whether this normally covered by home insurance? The house beside us is rented and finding it hard to get in contact with actual owner. Is this normally a shared liability between both sides or are you responsible for one side? The fence is on our left as we look out the back door and it has fallen into out back yard. I'm waiting on a small builder to give a quote to send into the home insurance but I'm finding conflicting information online as to whether such walls are covered in general. The insurance company wont give me an answer until I have the quote and send it in with photos.

Usually walls/fences are NOT covered unless the building is damaged at same time. It is common in estates that the householder is responsible for the fence on ONE side. However, good neighbours would normally share costs of these fences.

Back