in finacial trouble

merzie

my daughter who hasn't reached eighteen yet is due her baby soon, she hasn't been working as she had only left school when this happened, being a single parent myself i get one parent allowance and i still receive it for her, but because of the cost of baby accesories and basically living i find it very hard to make ends meet, is there any help i can get

Re: in financial trouble

The st VINCENT DE PAUL organization are very good in helping people in your situation they can give financial assistance for things like baby cots,prams ,cloths ,food etc. give them a call its very private and the people are very nice to deal with.(I worked in their food depot some years back )You should also go to your local welfare office to see if you and your daughter are getting all your entitled to with the changing circumstances. Good luck !

Does the local Health Board/Centre make any special payments for stuff like baby equipment (buggy, cot etc.)?

presumably, your daughter will be claiming OFP in her own right once the baby is born. Go the Community Welfare Officer to see if youn are entitled to any once-off paymetns to help with buying the baby stuff.

Back