Improving Your Driving - Ongoing

Leper

Last year I took an advanced driving course. It was something that just occurred to me. Had I become a little lax, smug or even stale with my driving? To be honest, I had. So therefore, I set out to improve my driving. Improvement cannot be completed overnight and I set limits.

I had a look at other "mature" drivers also and even observing fairly busy roundabouts (not spaghetti junctions, mind you!) and found on average only one in fifteen drivers use roundabouts within the rules. I did observation over several months and used different locations.

At certain times of the day I noticed that city/urban drivers are speeding towards the next red light. Lunacy?

Red lights don't come into play until at least ten seconds after the change to red.

I think it is fair to say that many of us have become dangerous, uncaring, stale, lax, lethargic etc.

So to my suggestion:- Use every week to improve something in your driving e.g. stopping on red, slowing down, using common sense.

Try it, you will become an example to others and when you have perfected your driving start again.

Just a Thought

Last edited:
Back