Importing from China - first time

Katman

Hi

Can anyone offer me some advice please. I am importing a relatively small amount of goods from a supplier from china for the first time. These are the payment options they sent me (obviously some details are edited for privacy). I am a bit suspicious that they are asking me to deposit the money into an individual's account, rather than the company's account or am I being a bit paranoid? Is there any way I can check this? any other advice?

Thanks, Katman

Information of china bank: XXXXX

T/T

PAYING BANK: BANK OF CHINA XIAMEN BRANCH
BENEFICIARY’SA/C NO: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
BENEFICIARY’S NAME: ZHOU XXXXX
SWIFT: XXXXXXXXXX

Western union:

Information of bank :
Western union
FIRST NAME : JUAN
LAST NAME : XXXX
ADDRESS : XIAMEN FUJIAN CHINA

Hi there,
Would be cautios myself - would request to deposit money in to business account.

have used these guys before to find out about a supplier. They charge from $200 per report.

All China Market Research co. Ltd
Add: Jingrun Building 7th Floor, No. 28 Jia, Fu Chengmen Wai Da Jie, Xicheng, Beijing 100037
Tel: (8610) 68032288
Fax: (8610) 68012338
E-mail: [email protected]

Thank you for your replies. I am quite suspicious. I sent an e mail to my contact in china asking who this individual is and I asked why I shouldn't deposit the payment into their company account. This is the reply I got. (The benificiary's name is X'd out for privacy.

Should I back away from these people altogether?

Thanks

Katman.

hello :
thank you for your mail. and i am here for some explainations:
first: xxxxxx is the emplyee of our fanacial department.. and use this account we can avoid the 17% of the tax which may be not so good to the country .. but it would be better for both of us.. and for the order that are less than $10000 , we don't use the bussiness account of our company. and if you will consider that account, and we will charge for another 17% over the price. cause we have to pay the tax for the account.. i am terrible sorry. i hope you can understand..
second: when we will check out the money , our financial employee will have to sign the detailed contact information for the confirmation.. and it would be also be a guarantee of our mutual benefit..

await your corespondence and further cooperation..
sincerely

Agree with Brian.... walk away.

I have sent you a PM, may be able to help you....

D

Happy i stumbled on to this thread, as i am in the same situation myself. I'm importing a few things from China but all the wholesalers seem to want to be paid by western union or tt. I've only been able to source one supplier who will accept paypal.

Bank Transfer of USD using IBAN and SWIFT codes is regarded as the business norm.

Just be careful out there!

BM

Back