IMHO poor service, who else can help?

brownsarahj

Last summer I got a red letter from EBS wanting the full repayment for the mortgage, and the arrears, and since I live in the UK I couldnt use MABS services. I was recommended IMHO and made contact with one of their representatives.

Its been really tough and 18 months later we are no closer to agreeing anything. For example EBS wrote to them 2 months ago to ask a question which was forwarded onto me by the IMHO person and he hasnt forwarded the reply to the EBS nor has he responded to my email to confirm receipt. This dialogue with the EBS has been going on for 18 months and we are nowhere near resolution.

In fact he had suggested to EBS that they recapitalize the arrears into my mortgage and we agree a new repayment. So, more than a year later they wrote to him/ me to ask if the applicant (ie me) to ask if I intend to recapitalize teh mortgage. I ask the IMHO guy if that is what we have proposed, no? and no response from him.

Is there any other organisation which can help? Its been such a long stressful road and I dont feel that the IMHO person is on my side He is quite snappy and unhelpful when I try and speak to him on the phone. Incredibly frustrating!

Last edited:
Bumping this.

Can anyone suggest another organisation who can help?

The guys at IMHO arent returning my calls or emails, and I dont have copies of their correspondence with the EBS so I dont know how to pick up the negotiations with the bank. Im also not confident in doing this alone and need financial / legal representation.

Also, is there a regulator or ombudsman who regulates companies like the Irish Morgage Holders Organisation who I can talk to ?

Many thanks everyone

To be fair to the IMHO, they have helped a lot of people and the reports are mainly good.

But as with any other group, the quality of the employees varies.

Why don't you email David Hall the MD directly? Ask him to assign your case to someone else.

[email protected]

Brendan

Thanks Brendan. I emailed their general info address today but best to try the MD

I was recommended IMHO from someone here who had a good experience but the guy Ive had assigned has been unreliable. He has even 'forgotten' to pass information on to EBS and 2 months later chasing me for the same information sent before. This time no emails returned for 3 months.

Fingers crossed I get somewhere with David.

Back