Iib Homeloans

horatio1

Has anyone had any problems when they have sent cheques to IIB.I recently sent a cheque to pay off some of the loan and a fixed rate form in the same envelope to IIB.As I work for a transport Co. so I got one of our drivers to deliver by hand.I put both the cheque and form in the Envelope myself,marked it for the attention of the woman I dealt with and the driver is a long time reliable friend(he received a signature for receipt of the envelope).He delivered it to IIB on the Friday.On tuesday I rang the woman just to make sure all was ok.
She told me that they had received the form but not received the cheque.I told her i had personally but the cheque in the envelope and as i marked it for her attention,I asked if she had opened it herself .She said the procedure was that the letter went to the post room and when opened it was logged as only having the fixed rate form.
She said not to cancel cheque as she would conduct a search in the post room.Later that day she rang to tell me to cancel the cheque immediately as it could not be found so must not have been sent.
I again told her i had sent it and that i would cancel the cheque but would there be any further investigation as to where the cheque had gone.I also asked her(as i had advised her that the cheque and form were on the way)would anyone have contacted me if I had not rang to see if it had arrived and as the cheque was supposed to be taken off the loan amount the previous day would that still happen because of IIB losing the cheque.
She said it was the banks view that the cheque had not been sent and there would be no further inquiry as to it's whereabouts.She said that i would have noticed that my repaments were higher than they should be and contacted the bank and that as they did not have the cheque the mortgage would not be reduced untill such time as they received the cheque.
Sorry for the long drawn out sory just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences.

not quite related but i find when i ring them that if you dont have a reference number it takes some time to find the peron's details to whom we are referring

we value houses for them, if we get a fax to our office from them, usually there is a name to contact on it. then we phone up and the person could be on the phone, but the person who answers helps you out anyway.

my point is, somebody else could've taken that cheque, should turn up though

Back