"If This post will be deleted if not edited immediately were alive today he would not be riding a donkey..."

I saw that. To be fair, he has made a good point and hopefully the Lord will allow him fulfil his destiny of spreading the word from the comfort of a private jet......

Apparently his official title is:

Bishop of Rome, Vicar of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God.

Apparently his official title is:

Bishop of Rome, Vicar of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God.
You'd think he'd have known that himself.

I was flicking through the radio stations in my car yesterday and came across Spirit FM. Has anyone ever listened to it? At first I thought it was a p1sstake, but it's actually a genuine, "praise the Lord" station. They were playing lots of "praise the Lord" songs, some of which were actually kinda trendy (except for the lyrics). I found listening to it, amusing, intriguing and a bit scary.

Has anyone ever listened to it?

haven't really listened to it much, but dunno if I'd call the songs trendy :D - or maybe just the ones I caught weren't great at the time I was flicking through the air waves...

If This post will be deleted if not edited immediately was alive today he's probably use the Dublin Bike Scheme...

I was flicking through the radio stations in my car yesterday and came across Spirit FM. Has anyone ever listened to it? At first I thought it was a p1sstake, but it's actually a genuine, "praise the Lord" station. They were playing lots of "praise the Lord" songs, some of which were actually kinda trendy (except for the lyrics). I found listening to it, amusing, intriguing and a bit scary.

On my TV package in the 800s on the EPG there's a TV station like that... I sometimes stumble over it on my way to TV5 Monde.
  • 815 EWTN Eternal World Television Network
  • 816 The God Channel
  • 859 The Adult Channel
I remember walking down Grafton Street one Saturday night and there was a pop band of 20 somethings playing some 'radio ad' type music. Sounded lot more professional than buskers.
I think they had hand puppets too. When the song was finished they started into a speech like that...

Last edited:
haven't really listened to it much, but dunno if I'd call the songs trendy :D - or maybe just the ones I caught weren't great at the time I was flicking through the air waves...
Yeah. Not trendy really, but catchy all the same. There was one song and if the lyrics were normal :p it could have been a Taylor Swift song

I know some of the people working there. Personally I hate pop music -- I'd prefer a Fauré Requiem or a Beethoven Missa Solemnis. Christian pop music is even more banal, as every song sounds like a three-chord-wonder U2 power ballad. I went over to watch last August's solar eclipse from Tennessee and drove around a big chunk of American Bible Belt. It was hard to find anything other than those sorts of stations on the radio dial. I've no problems with the stations themselves but it was like being stuck on a roadtrip with an especially talentless Bono.

I went over to watch last August's solar eclipse from Tennessee and drove around a big chunk of American Bible Belt. It was hard to find anything other than those sorts of stations on the radio dial.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences, so many stations around some of the bigger urban centers and it's all that or bad, cheesy country.

Christian pop music is even more banal, as every song sounds like a three-chord-wonder U2 power ballad.
Had another listen there at lunchtime and it was all sounding very EuroVisionary. very professionally produced songs though.

I've also found another "praise the Lord" station - Life FM in Cork.

Both stations are kinda overly positive and delusional. I wonder do they have any programs discussing the darker history of the Church :rolleyes:

I went over to watch last August's solar eclipse from Tennessee and drove around a big chunk of American Bible Belt.
A few years back L had what I thought was a minor brain hemorrhage while in Texas. I knew that I wouldn't be allowed to fly so I didn't go to the hospital but flew home the next day. It turned out that I had in fact had a brain hemorrhage and spent a few weeks in hospital here but I still think it was the right decision; I'd rather risk death than be stuck in Texas for months surrounded by all those good God fearing "scripture based" Christians; all faith and Hope but not much real Charity.

Back