.ie Domain Name Ownership and administration details.

chanratty

Hello,
I have a query about access to the data around .ie domain names.

We have about 40 .ie domains names that have been registered over the last 12 years or so over a range of companies.
I am having an issue at the minute in that there is now no data in the domain registrar for any of my domain names.
Ie. No ownership, administrator, technical or billing contact information. This seems to have been all removed due to a whois issue with GDPR.

You now have to ask the domain registrar to see this information and to change it.
Up until November 2020 it was iedr that looked after this and if you need ownership of a domain changed you dealt with IEDR directly.
After November 2020 it seems that the iedr washed thier hands of this and pushed this out to the domain registrar to do this job.

I can still change the Ownership, admin, technical and billing details for my .com and .co.uk tlds on my domain panel. Just not .ie tlds.

The two issues I have is.
1. Both the domain registrar and the iedr are saying that it is a gdpr issue and that this data cannot be shown. I get that my data needs to be protected as until gdpr came in. I could look up the whois database and see who owned any domain. Now that data is not available. But surely that should not stop me as the owner of the domain name logging in to my control panel and managing the domain that I bought and own. The only thing I can do now is change the namesservers. I dont see any other data.

2. The domain registrar is now saying that it is now €50 plus vat per domain if I want to change the ownership of my .ie domain names.
We recently had a company been liquidated and so I need to move the ownership of teh 40 .ie domain names to a new company. so it is now €61.50 * 40 = €2460 euro to move the domains to a new company whereas up until November 2020, the irde was responsible for doing this as part of their service.

Has anybody any experience of this what's your thought on it.

Who would you log a complaint with about this.

Its seems that again the .com and .co.uk etc can set this up correctly but as usual the .ie tld is expensive to do anything with.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Back