Identity theft concern - missing post

Mamamia22

Should I worry ? I recently posted a photocopy of my passport, PPS no and a copy of a utility bill to my solicitor. 10 days later it has not arrived. My solicitor raised the concern about identity theft. What can I do ?

I wouldn't worry personally, I'd attribute it to being stuck in a corner of a mailbag or mail box or mail van somewhere enroute.

I am presuming there was nothing on the exterior of the envelope to indicate it's content, right?

I wouldn't be concerned.

Think of the number of companies you have sent such details to.

Almost all financial institutions will want to see original documents or use a verifying system that can work out that the photo you have just taken is at a specific location that matches your IP address.

Should I worry ? I recently posted a photocopy of my passport, PPS no and a copy of a utility bill to my solicitor. 10 days later it has not arrived. My solicitor raised the concern about identity theft. What can I do ?
The key lesson for OP here is to send important documents to solicitors/ Revenue etc by registered/ tracked post. An extra €7-8 euro for peace of mind.

Back