ICB credit report questions!!!!

M

moneyhelp

Hi folks,

I have just received my creit report from the ICB. I have a few questions that hopefully you's can help me with:

1.When applying for loan/mortgage and the form asks for your previous address's. If you have moved a few times and leave one of the adresses out will a company see the credit report for you while at this address when they ask for a report.
2.Is the credit report you receive exactly the same details as a bank would receive on you or are their credit reports more detailed

Thanks for any input/help

Hi Sarah - Are you saying that if I have lived in Dublin, Cork and Galway and had a large debt left to a bank in Cork and then I only give a lending institute my Dublin and Galway addresses that they will have no knowledge of the Cork debt ? Surely the search criteria is based on a sounder footing than that ?

As I said they can only search on addresses given - say if your name was John Kelly it would be fruitless doing searches on all John Kelly's addresses! Obviously the bank in Cork would pursue you and record the debt and subsequent judgement (if it came to that) on your most recent address when they found it. Plus by not disclosing the debt you'd be making a fraudulent application.....

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Plus by not disclosing the debt you'd be making a fraudulent application.....

LOL ....and financial institutions know that no one would ever do anything like that for any loan application ( I love that BOI ad for students! ) . When it suits 'em they can be a right shower of bankers alright :D.

Are you saying that if I have lived in Dublin, Cork and Galway and had a large debt left to a bank in Cork and then I only give a lending institute my Dublin and Galway addresses that they will have no knowledge of the Cork debt ? Surely the search criteria is based on a sounder footing than that ?
Your Right it is.

The ICB will return a match given on name, DOB and address, so if you omit the cork address its still likely that the ICB will show the profile on the loan you have in the bank in cork as it will match name and DOB.

Thats the problem with this system if you dont give address correctly it appears your file may look dofferent than to how it is.

They Need some way to be able to see someone total history regardless of address maybe use your PPI as well as the other pieces of information.If the PPI was used than banks could forward all loans with that information also one could pull there correct report with the PPI-names can be similar DOB can be mistaken you have only one PPI number.

Back