I was recomended a builder by PM on this site. Can I out this cowboy here?

amisafe

Frequent Poster
Read guidelines, dont see this issue addressed.

I was recomended a tradesman by private message on this site, he has completely ripped us off & I suspect he sent the pm to me himself pretending to be a previous customer.

I wouldnt like anyone else to be ripped off in the same way,

Guby

Frequent Poster
Defrauded after responding to private message

Hi,

I responded to a private message on 13th October from f88 which recommended a tradesman . It has now transpired that the private message was from the tradesman, recommending himself.

He did some really bad work and conned me out of money for a shower door. He didn't return with the shower door and the shower is in a terrible mess and still leaking. I will now have to pay someone to fix the mess.

I have gone to the Gardai and they recommend anyone who was also defrauded by f88 to report him to their local Gardai and give as many details as they can.

T McGibney

Frequent Poster
Hi,

I responded to a private message on 13th October from f88 which recommended a tradesman . It has now transpired that the private message was from the tradesman, recommending himself.

He did some really bad work and conned me out of money for a shower door. He didn't return with the shower door and the shower is in a terrible mess and still leaking. I will now have to pay someone to fix the mess.

I have gone to the Gardai and they recommend anyone who was also defrauded by f88 to report him to their local Gardai and give as many details as they can.
I've said here before that recommendations via PM are generally best avoided.

S

S.L.F

If you are going to use someone in your house make certain they have been reccomended to you by others or at the very least vetted by someone else.

I've seen too many bad jobs over my time done by cowboys.

Accepting a PM as fact is not very bright to be fair.